Here is a list of the most common features.
You should decide which ones are important for you to help in your choice of an autoresponder system. The top systems will include most or all of them.
1. Unlimited Autoresponders. You should be able to create as many lists as you wish
2. Allow single and double opt-in. Double opt-in confirms that the person who entered their email address agree to subscribe to the list which will help avoid spam complaints.
3. Customisation of the thank you page (when you sign up to a list) and of the confirmation screen for double opt-in, rather than use the default pages provided
4. Subscriber sign up by email or by a web page form.
5. Web form builder to create sign-up forms. The builder will generate code that you simply paste to your website. And it might offer a selection of web form templates
6. Unlimited follow-up messages, with option to dictate which days to send (e.g to avoid weekend delivery)
1.Personalisation of messages e.g to allow subscriber's name to appear
2. Option to check if messages are SPAM compliant.
1. Stats on the open rate and bounce rates of messages
2. Stats showing at which stage in a follow up series subscribers have dropped off
3. Tracking where a signup originated
4. Split Testing. Allows you to test different variables such as email subject line and from field to decide the most effective. This can be run on a chosen percentage of subscribers and the winning test automatically sent to the remainder.
1. Transfer to another provider using import and export features
2. Free trial with no restriction on features, but maybe on number of subscribers or lists
NEXT ==> Which autoresponder to choose